ABOUT DR. RUSSELL
Bruce Russell brings a unique skill set for helping and equipping churches to grow and flourish.
He has provided crisis intervention services for the Oregon Department of Justice, states of New York,
New Jersey, Florida, U.S. Forrest Service, Bureau of Land Management and private industry.
In 2002 he was invited to our nation's capitol to participate in a symposium on "Lessons learned
in the aftermath of 9/11." In 2009 he was appointed to the Oregon Council on Crisis Intervention.
He has served as Chaplain and Crisis Intervention Coordinator for two fire departments for over twenty years.
On October 1, 2015 he was asked to organize and supervise the immediate crisis response to students and families
at Umpqua Community College near Roseburg, Oregon in response to the mass shooting on campus.
- A business background prior to entering full time ministry.
- Forty-five years of preaching and ministry experience with a BA in Ministry, MA in Theology,
MA in Leadership and Church Growth, additional graduate work in Crisis Management and Doctor of Ministry degrees.
- Twenty-five years of volunteer and professional services in crisis management and counseling.
Other life experiences:
He is available for interim ministries of three months to a year as well as giving guidance to churches that
have faced significant internal struggles.
- Military Service-Vietnam veteran
- Commercial Pilot and Flight Instructor
- Licensed Outfitter and River Guide
- Coast Guard Certified Manufacturer of wood drift boats
Once asked, "Why do you want to go to a dying church?" His immediate response,
"I still believe in a God who can raise the dead!"